Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thanksgiving and more

On Thu. Nov. 22, we went to Dallas to celebrate Thanksgiving.  We usually go on Thu since the traffic is usually nonexistent.  That was not the case this Thanksgiving.  We did leave at 10:00 and thankfully, Noah slept for an hour.  We also had to stop at McDonalds for lunch (Joshua repeatedly said "I'm hungry")  At 2:30, we arrived in Frisco.  An hour longer but when you have 2 kids, seems like an eternity.

Thanksgiving dinner was at Sunil and Julie's house (their first Thanksgiving as a married couple) and they had already put up the Christmas tree.  There was so much food that I wasn't able to taste everything.  Two turkeys, ham, all the sides, and lots of dessert.  Most of the family were there - unfortunately, we had to leave early.  Joshua vomited after eating something and he kept having stomach cramps.  Unusual for him since I can't remember when he's ever vomited.  We left at 8:30 :(  but at least Joshua felt better by the end of the night.

We had fun on Friday going to Target and the mall for Black Friday sales.  Noah spent a lot of time with Mom and Dad while we took Joshua to the stores.  Later that afternoon, we went to the Jacobs house and spent time with them, Priya, and their extended family.  Sunil and Julie came over later in the evening.  We decided to leave back to Austin on Sat. evening so we could beat the Sun. traffic and it was a great decision.  We got home with both boys sleeping most of the way home.

On Dec. 8 we took our family Christmas pics at Brushy Creek Park.  It was unusually warm and we all had sweaters on and I had black pumps.  What a mistake!  By the time we got done I felt like I had done a 5 mile hike and we were all sweating profusely.  We put up the Christmas tree and the lights on Sunday and Joshua absolutely had the best time.  For an hour and a half, he stood beside me and handed me each branch and was so excited about the multi colored lights.  He kept saying how beautiful it was.  My challenge will be to see if I can keep Noah from tearing the tree down.

Noah turned 11 months today.  I should be happy that he's growing but I mostly feel sad.  I'm just being honest but I have always loved the baby stage and it is almost over.  Noah was the absolute easiest baby and I cannot believe my one year with him is slowly coming to an end.  I have so much to look forward to!  This past month he has done a lot of new things.  I was so nervous that he was slow to eat solids but he has just blossomed recently.  He is mashing and chewing anything that I give him.  I gave him chicken, brocolli, tilapia and peas this past week.  He loves banana and bread.  He clings on to me if I'm eating anything hoping I'll give him something.  He has been drinking a little here and there from his sippy cup.  He still has one tooth and I think another bottom one is coming in.  This past week I have started to give him a bath in the tub instead of his infant tub. 
He still loves to be a little rascal - he tries to unplug any cord from the outlet, chews on wires if he can, rummages through all the cabinets, puts everything in his mouth including lotion bottles, hair dryers, etc.  I literally cannot take my eyes off him.
He likes for us to take his hands and walk with him.  He can stand alone for about 2 seconds before he lowers himself down.  Noah will take Joshua's tricycle and push it across the room.  He likes to walk with the alligator walker.
He can imitate the words "mama," "dada", and "uh oh."  He is definitely a smiley happy baby and laughs at everything.  He only gets upset if he's tired, hungry, or if his big brother is pushing him around, literally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment