Sunday, April 22, 2012

Back to the grind

I returned to work this past week after spending 3 glorious months on maternity leave with my boys.  It was quite an adjustment getting used to waking up at 6 am and getting the boys ready by 7:30.  I am very thankful for Mom and Dad who pick them up in the morning so I can get to work around 8:10.  Steve started his new job at Charfen 2 weeks ago and because its 45 min away he's usually out the door by 7.  Its funny how I know exactly what time I need to do each task in the morning to get everything done by 7:30.  I didn't cry all week though I cried the Sunday before all day.  I carry around a pic of Noah since everyone I run across asks for it.

Steve and I have decided that dinner will be easy meals that I can cook ahead of time with lots of leftovers.  By the time we get home its 5:45 and I start dinner for Joshua by 6:30.  Our goal is to get Joshua into bed by 8:15 since he has to wake up by 7.   He still cries periodically at night but we haven't got him from the crib in a couple of weeks.  Noah occassionally needs a pacifier once to twice a night but that's easy since he still sleeps in the bassinett beside our bed.  I have definitely been spoiled by not having to physically get out of the bed.

We went to early church at 9:15 and we went to the mall around 2:30 and then went to small group at 4:30.  So we had a pretty productive day for a Sunday.  I am going to look forward to relaxing weekends where we do absolutely nothing.

On Fri. Apr. 13 we all went to the opening game of the Round Rock Express.  Joshua loved the baseball game and he would have stayed out there way past his bedtime if he could have but we ended up leaving around 8:45.  The next day Steve took him to the Cedar Park Heritage Festival.

Here are some pics:
















No comments:

Post a Comment